HomeWelcome to Wilhelmshaven!Contact
backWilhelmshaven - the location for your business
Wilhelmshaven is Germany’s only deep water port (LAT – 18 m). This is why the container hub “JadeWeserPort” – Container Terminal Wilhelmshaven (CTW) is being constructed here. The largest container ships – including the Triple-E class (18,000 TEU) with draughts down to 16.50 m can dock here fully loaded independent of the tide at any time of night or day.
Wilhelmshaven is an energy hub, and a location for the chemical industry and state-of-the-art maritime technology. Science is also at home here with research institutes for marine biology, marine chemistry, marine engineering and wind power, not to mention the Jade University.
The Wilhelmshaven deep water port is officially classified as a “priority location for port and energy industries”. The main focus of the maritime industry is in the following sectors:
- Port operation and logistics
- Energy and chemical industry
- Marine and offshore engineering
- Marine research
The main location benefits of Wilhelmshaven at a glance:
- Germany’s only deep water port (LAT -18 m)
- Short channel navigation (23 nm) with low density traffic
- Large industrial sites adjacent to the deep channel
- Potential for 8 km riverside quays
- Road (motorway) and rail connections directly to the port facility
Copyright © 2013 City of Wilhelmshaven. All rights reserved..
Legal info, Contact